Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Blac Chyna.....up close:)


I haven't worked with SMOOTH Magazine in ages, so I was definitely hype when they reached out to me to do makeup for one of their summer issues. The last issue I did was with The Game, and it was a cover shoot....so I was curious to see who we were shooting this go round:) Well, well, well.......to my surprise one of the models was Miami dancer/Nicki Minaj stunt double/Tyga's boo with the killer body, Ms. Blac Chyna. You've seen her in the Rack City video, and all over the Internet, but I had no idea who she was until that day. She was an absolute doll to work with, she was super sweet and actually pretty shy??..I know, right! Lol!
YSL Golden Gloss 20
Stila Kajal Eyeliner
GET THE LOOK: She said she was trying to get away from the pink lips, so we went with a nude mouth for the entire shoot. I smoked out her eyes with MAC Artjam paint on the lids, using Stila's Kajal eyeliner pencil in the water line and smudged across the top. To make her brown eyes pop, I used NARS Duo Eye Shadow in Cordura on her lids and under the bottom lashes. Her lip color was Yves Saint Laurent's Rouge Volupte 4, with YSL Golden Gloss 20 on top . Her lashes were her very own, and they had to be big so they could be seen through the bangs. She told me that if she doesn't like the makeup on a shoot, she will wipe it off and do it herself, so I was glad she approved:)


I've had my share of oiling up scantily clad ladies early in my career, but it's always a pleasure to work with Sandy (owner of Smooth). Shooting with her is always a good time. Wardrobe styled by Brea Star, hair by Anthony Cherry, assisted by Aden Marq....this shoot was FIRE! Needless to say, I look forward to seeing how this issue sells out in stores. Thanks again SMOOTH!! xo

See Blac Chyna's own behind the scenes post at www.blacchyna.com

No comments:

Post a Comment